I have been very nicely surprised at the reaction I have had to the little Superheroes quilt I made a while ago. They are bright and fun and I have had so many lovely comments about them that I have decided I will take them further. I have lots of plans, whether they are fulfilled is another matter, but it is comfortable to have more ideas than time!
For this quilt I decided to try scaling them up (the finished quilt will be somewhere around 130cm x 95cm). Easy to do on paper, but new issues emerge when this is done with quilted fabric, the main one being the large spaces created that I don't want to fill with stitch.
I have also given them slightly different costumes, just for fun.
Here is a snapshot of the painting in progress.
Over the next few days I am going to try and get the quilting finished and then I can see which format I prefer and I will share the finished quilt.
Thanks for reading!